One-day tour in Samarkand by train
One-day historical tour to Samarkand from Tashkent by train "Afrosiab", visiting the city of Samarkand, you will get acquainted with the architectural splendor of the ancient city, which is also called - "the city of the Great Shadows".
For one day of the excursion you will see the most famous sights of Samarkand: Registan Square, Gur-Emir Mausoleum, Shakhi-Zinda Complex, Ulugbek's Observatory and Bibi-Khanum Mosque.
|Start of the tour: Tashkent|
|End of tour: Tashkent||Tour category: Historical tours, Sightseeing tours.|
|Duration: 1days/0nights||Сities: Tashkent, Samarkand.|
Day 1: Tashkent - Samarkand - Tashkent
07:15 Transfer to the station, transfer by high-speed train "Afrosiab".
Arrival to Samarkand at 10:10.
Lunch is from 13:00 to 14:00 at the local restaurant.
Objects to visit:
- Mausoleum "Gur-Emir" - This masterpiece of Central Asian architecture occupies an important place in the history of world Islamic architecture. The family tomb of Timur and the heirs of the empire was erected in the south-western part of the city in 1404;
- Square "Registan" - Registan Square, in translation means "Sandy Place". Registan is the administrative and trade and craft center of the eastern city;
- The architectural complex "Shahi-Zinda" is a monument of medieval architecture in Samarkand, an ensemble of mausoleums of the Samarkand nobility. The ensemble of Shahi Zinda was formed in the 9th century and includes more than twenty buildings of the 9th-14th and 19th centuries;
- Ulugbek's Observatory is one of the most important observatories of the Middle Ages, built by Ulugbek on the hill of Kukhak in the vicinity of Samarkand in 1424-1428;
- The cathedral mosque "Bibi Khanym" is an architectural monument of 1399-1404, the grandiose cathedral mosque of Tamerlane, richly decorated with tiles, carved marble and murals.
Shopping at a real oriental bazaar - the Siab bazaar.
At 16:00 Departure to the station.
17:00 The train leaves for Tashkent.
19:10 Arrival in Tashkent and transfer to the hotel.
Evening dinner, cultural program.
|Quantity (from)||Quantity (to)||Cost|
|5 pers.||10 pers.||$105 *|
|Different number of people in your group?||TBD *|
* Requesting a price does not oblige you to buy a tour. You can send a request for different tours and choose the most suitable option.
- Transportation service in the tour, including meetings and seeing off and at the station of the city of Samarkand;
- Excursion service with a guide;
- Entrance tickets for all sightseeing objects;
- Visa application for visa to Uzbekistan;
- Economy class tickets for flight Tashkent-Samarkand-Tashkent.
- Full board (lunch/dinner);
- Consular fees for tourist visa of Uzbekistan;
- International air tickets;
- Personal insurance;
- Photo and video shooting on monuments.
- 0 reviews