One Day Tour in Samarkand from Tashkent by train
Samarkand - one of the oldest cities in the world, founded, according to archaeological data, in the XVIII century BC. For more than two thousand years, the city has been a key point on the Great Silk Road between China and Europe, as well as one of the main centers of science of the medieval East.
In the XIV century was the capital of the Tamerlane empire. The vast majority of the city's architectural masterpieces were built during this era. This was the period of the highest development of Samarkand. In 1925-1930, Samarkand was the capital of the Uzbek SSR.
|Start of the tour: Tashkent|
|End of tour: Tashkent||Tour category: Historical tours, Sightseeing tours.|
|Duration: 1 days / 0 nights||Сities: Tashkent, Samarkand.|
Day 1: Tashkent - Samarkand - Tashkent
7:30. Departure of the train to Samarkand (2h 10m on the way)
9:40. Arrival in Samarkand. Meets the driver and guide (individual car). Beginning of a tour of Samarkand:
- Gur Emir. This majestic complex consisted of a khanak, the madrasah of Muhammad Sultan - the grandson of Amir Timur and the later tomb of Amir Timur himself and his descendants;
- Registan Square. In the heart of the ancient city of Samarkand, there is a real gem - Registan Square. This place gained worldwide fame thanks to the magnificent architectural complex, which has become a monument of oriental architecture. On three sides, the square is surrounded by majestic madrassas, the portals of which are facing the center of space. All three buildings have their own unique decor, which differs from each other. Thanks to such buildings preserved on the territory of the city, in 2001 Samarkand was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List;
- Bibi Khanum Mosque. The majestic blue domes of the Bibi Khanum mosque are an extraordinary sight. The breathtaking already from the scale of construction of this monumental structure, striking in its size and beauty. Its ancient dome was compared with the vault of heaven, and the portal arch - with the Milky Way;
- Bazaar Siab.
Free time for lunch.
- Shahi Zinda complex. One of the most mysterious and unique architectural monuments of Samarkand is the Shakhi-Zinda complex, consisting of a string of elegant tombs sparkling with blue colors. Harmoniously interwoven into a lively and moving composition, the mausoleums of different times are closely grouped along a narrow medieval street;
- Ulugbek's Observatory. This observatory is an astronomical miracle of medieval Uzbekistan.
17:00. Transfer to the station.
17:30. Departure of the high-speed train Afrosiab (Samarkand - Tashkent) 2h 10m on the way.
19:40. Arrival in Tashkent.
|Quantity (from)||Quantity (to)||Cost per person|
|1 pers.||1 pers.||$185 *|
|2 pers.||2 pers.||$128 *|
|3 pers.||3 pers.||$102 *|
|Different number of people in your group?||TBD *|
* Requesting a price does not oblige you to buy a tour. You can send a request for different tours and choose the most suitable option.
- individual transport (sedan);
- guide along the entire route;
- entry tickets.
Individual transport (sedan).
Food, personal expenses, tips.
Any form of payment, guides in Russian, English, Japanese.
Upon request, master classes on cooking national dishes, making clay products are possible.