Tour to the Ancient Minarets
"Tour to the Ancient Minarets" is an unforgettable journey to the ancient city of Kunya Urgench, the former capital of the Khorezm Empire, where such architectural monuments as Kutlug Timur are located - the highest minaret in Central Asia and the Turabek Khan Mausoleum. Its dome of the 12th century is the most beautiful in Turan.
|Start of the tour: Tashkent||Accommodation: 3 stars.|
|End of tour: Tashkent||Tour category: Historical tours, Sightseeing tours.|
|Duration: 3 days / 2 nights||Сities: Tashkent, Nukus, Khiva.|
Day 1: Tashkent - Nukus
Arrival in Tashkent.
Excursion program and lunch with tasting of national dishes.
Objects to visit:
- Amir Temur Square - The monument to Tamerlane - an outstanding politician and military leader of the Middle Ages, who created a huge empire, was installed in Tashkent in the "Amir Timur Square" (bronze horse sculpture);
- Architectural complex Khazret-Imam - Hazrat Imam Ensemble - a religious complex in Tashkent. The ensemble was erected near the grave of the Imam of the city of Tashkent, a scholar, a connoisseur of the Koran and hadith, one of the first preachers of Islam in Tashkent, a poet and artisan of Khazrati Imam (his full name was Abu Bakr ibn Ismail al-Kaffal al-Shoshiy);
- Madrasah Barak khan - The repository of the Koran of the Caliph Osman, was built in the XVI century;
- Mosque Tillya-Sheikh - Friday mosque of the XIX century. The Tillya Sheikh Mosque has ceased to be the main mosque of Uzbekistan, but it is still one of the largest operating mosques and the main religious sites of Tashkent;
- Jami Mosque - Jami Mosque or Khoja Ahrar Vali - the central element of the ensemble of the Tashkent Old Town;
- Madrasah Kukeldash - The largest of the 23 madrasahs of old Tashkent, built no later than 1569;
- Oriental Bazaar Chorsu - Ancient bazaar with a rich history. It is located in the old part of Tashkent, called "Eski Shahar". The Chorsu bazaar was known in the Middle Ages, was of great importance on the road of the Great Silk Road, was located at the crossroads of four shopping streets;
- State Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater named after Alisher Navoi (outside) - The history of the theater begins with the national artist of Uzbekistan Mukhiddin Kari-Yakubov, the national culture culprit, a hot enthusiast of theatrical art organized in the mid-1920s by the professional Concert and Ethnographic Ensemble.
Transfer to the airport, flight Tashkent-Nukus.
Transfer to the hotel, accommodation, late dinner.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Nukus - Khiva
Breakfast in the hotel.
Excursion program, lunch.
Objects to visit:
- Sightseeing tour around the city - The city of Nukus is erected on the site of the ancient town of Shurcha. This settlement, according to archaeologists, originated in the IV century BC and lasted until the IV century AD;
- State Museum of Arts named after I.V. Savitsky is one of the largest museums in Uzbekistan. The museum collection is recognized as the second in the world in importance and volume among the collections of the Russian avant-garde works, as well as the best art collection in the Asian region;
- Mizdakhan. Archaeological and architectural complex. 4th century BC - 14th century AD - The archaeological complex of ancient Mizdahkan is located on a large territory (200 hectares) along the main highway on the way to Old Urgench (Turkmenistan);
- Toprak-kala - An ancient settlement with an area of more than 120 hectares. It is believed that Toprak-kala was an ancient Khorezmian capital in the era of antiquity. Toprak-kala was the capital of Khorezm under the rule of the Afrigid dynasty.
Transfer to Khiva (175 km.), hotel accommodation and dinner.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Khiva - Tashkent
Breakfast at the hotel.
Objects to visit:
- Ota Darvaza - This is the gate, located in the western part of Ichan-Kala. They are considered the main gateway to enter the city;
- Kunya Ark - The Citadel; is located in the inner city of Khiva, Ichan-Kala. Kunya Ark served as one of the khan's residences;
- Madrasah Muhammad Rahim Khan - Muhammad Rahimhan was one of the most enlightened representatives of the Kungrat dynasty, who ruled the Khiva Khanate from 1770;
- Kalta Minor - was conceived by khan Khiva Khanate Muhammad Amin Khan as the largest and tallest minaret in the Muslim world;
- Madrasah Mohammed Amin Khan - In the Khan period, 64 madrasahs operated in the city of Khiva. The largest and most beautiful of them was the madrasah, built by Khiva Khan Mohammed Amin, which has been well preserved to the present day;
- Madrasah Matniyaz Divan-Begi - Madrasah Matniyaz Devan-begi was built in 1871 of the XIX century. It is located in front of the eastern wall of the madrasah of Muhammad Rahimkhan. It was erected by the financial minister (devan-begi) Muhammad Rahimkhan II - Muhammad Niyaz;
- Mausoleum of Said-Allauddin - This is one of the oldest buildings in the city. Said-Allauddin is a well-known in the East righteous and Sufi sheikh;
- Mausoleum of Pakhlavan Mahmud - Architectural complex - one of the best works of Khiva architecture of the middle of the XIX century, executed in the traditions of Khorezm architecture;
- Madrasah of Shirgazi Khan - This is the oldest madrasah in Khiva. It was built in 1718-1720. after the successful military campaign of Shirgazi-khan (1715-1728) on Khorasan;
- Minaret of Islam Hoja is the tallest building of the old Khiva, its height is 44.6 meters, and with this indicator is the second-tallest minaret in Uzbekistan and Central Asia;
- Mosque Juma - Friday mosque in the Khiva fortress of Ichan-Kala. According to the data of the Arab geographer Mukaddasy, the Juma Mosque dates back to the X century;
- Tash Hauli - Palace complex in Khiva, the main palace of Khiva khans;
- Caravansarai Alla-Kuli-khan - It was a trading market where they sold grain, fruits, soap, and candles. There was also a number of small trading houses. In the adjoining side there was a place for the slave trade.
Transfer to the airport, evening flight Urgench-Tashkent.
Arrival at the airport in Tashkent.
End of the tour.
|Quantity (from)||Quantity (to)||Cost per person|
|10 pers.||20 pers.||$535 *|
|Different number of people in your group?||TBD *|
* Requesting a price does not oblige you to buy a tour. You can send a request for different tours and choose the most suitable option.
- Twin room accommodation in hotel with breakfast;
- Transportation service throughout the tour, including meetings and seeing off at the airport;
- Excursion service in each city with guides;
- Entrance tickets for all sightseeing objects;
- Visa support;
- Economy class flight Tashkent-Nukus;
- Economy class flight Urgench-Tashkent.
- Full board (lunch/dinner);
- Additional services in hotels;
- Consular fees for tourist visa of Uzbekistan;
- International air tickets;
- Personal insurance;
- Photo and video shooting on monuments of architecture.
- Chorsu Bazaar
- Kukeldash Madrasah
- Barakhan Madrasah
- The Bolshoi Theater named after Alisher Navoi
- Amir Timur Square
- Muhammad Rahim-khan Madrasah
- Juma Mosque in Khiva
- Tash-Khauli Palace
- Islam Khoja Madrasah and Minaret
- Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum
- Said Allauddin Mausoleum
- Muhammad Amin Khan Madrasah
- Nukus Museum of Art (Savitsky)
- Kalta-Minor Minaret