Samarkand - the pearl of the East
Samarkand is the most famous city in Central Asia. Its history dates back more than 2500 years. "The Radiant Point of the Globe", "Rome of the East", "Garden of the Righteous" are just some of the epithets that have been awarded to the city of poets and philosophers at different times. In the XIV and XV centuries, when Samarkand was under the rule of the Timurid dynasty, it was one of the centers of world culture.
The city has an amazing collection of ancient monuments. Turquoise domes of Samarkand are among the most memorable architectural symbols of the world.
|Start of the tour: Tashkent|
|End of tour: Tashkent||Tour category: Historical tours, Sightseeing tours.|
|Duration: 1 days / 0 nights||Сities: Tashkent, Samarkand.|
Day 1: Tashkent - Samarkand - Tashkent
08:00 Departure to Samarkand ("Afrosiyob" train).
Arrival in Samarkand at 10:08.
Samarkand is the second largest city of Uzbekistan, having the same age as Rome, Athens and Babylon, ie. more than 26 centuries. In ancient Arabic manuscripts it is called the "Pearl of the East". Europeans called it the "Land of Scientists". Majestic and beautiful, Samarkand is a city of legends. When Alexander the Great first saw Samarkand, he exclaimed: "I heard that the city is beautiful, but I never thought that it could be so magnificent and amazing."
- Mausoleum of Gur-Emir (XIV century);
- Registan square - Madrassah of Ulugbek (XV century), Sher-Dor madrasah (XVII century), Madrasah of Tillya-Kari (XVII century);
- Bibi-Khanym Mosque (XIV century);
- Shakhi-Zinda Memorial Complex (XI-XIX centuries);
- Mausoleum of Khodja Doniyar (Saint Daniel);
- Observatory of Ulugbek (XV century);
- Siab Bazaar.
18:00 Departure to Tashkent (Train "Afrosiyob").
Arrival to Tashkent at 20:10.
|Quantity (from)||Quantity (to)||Cost per person|
|10 pers.||10 pers.||$55 *|
|Different number of people in your group?||TBD *|
* Requesting a price does not oblige you to buy a tour. You can send a request for different tours and choose the most suitable option.
- excursion in such an ancient city as Samarkand;
- railway tickets for high-speed train "Afrosiab" (Tashkent - Samarkand - Tashkent);
- comfortable tourist class transfer program.
Auto with air conditioning and high-speed train.